Thursday, February 8, 2018

Hunting with McGee






October of 2017, I finally accepted my old partner's invitation to come hunt with him up in Minnesota.  I am so glad I did.  To me, it was just like the old days.  Almost like we hadn't been apart for 20 years.  I guess some partnerships are forever.  He has a really nice set up on a lake about 30 minutes from his house.  A great location where he has his blind.  This year the wild rice was very thick.  He said it was about the heaviest that he has seen it.  Sort of cut down on our open water, for the decoys, and for birds to work, but it was still excellent.  We shot more Mallards than anything else, which was fine by me.  Killed some monstrous Canada Geese.  Only shot a very few divers, almost all puddleducks, which of course is a great change for me.

I know you all are wondering.  Yes.  He still has the green Halloween horns that he refers to as duck calls.  Calls louder and more often than ever, but I can't argue too much with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment